Compassion for Animals works to reduce human-caused harm to animals, primarily through educating people on animal-friendly lifestyles and cultivating empathy and respect for the nonhumans with whom we share the earth.
- Tabling at local street fairs, expositions, and other venues
- "Pay Per View" video outreach
- Vegan bake sales
- Arranging guided tours and volunteer days at Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary
- Speaking at schools and clubs
- Protesting animal circuses
- "Eat, meet, and greet" events with vegan authors
- Picnics and social get-togethers
- The Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale was voted “Veg Event of the Year” by VegNews Magazine. It has participation on six continents, has raised $250,000 for a diversity of charities, and has been covered by CNN.com and many other media outlets.
- Pay Per View was started in the summer of 2009 as a way to induce people at events at which we table to watch disturbing but possibly life-altering footage of factory farms, hatcheries, and slaughterhouses. It is now a funded activity at VegFund.org and an advocacy component of Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM), Mercy For Animals, and many other organizations.
You can donate by clicking the on "Donate" button at the top right of the page, or by mailing a check to Compassion for Animals, P.O. Box 1314, Annandale, VA 22003.
Many of our activities are dependent on volunteers. The best way to stay abreast of volunteer opportunities is to get on our email list, by filling out the mini-form on the home page
or sending a request to email@example.com
. You can also find out what we're up to by following us on Facebook
Of course, the best way to help animals is to go vegan. There are many resources online and in hardcopy to help you with this transition. But if we can help, please don't hestitate to get in touch with us
. You can multiply the positive effect of being vegan by spreading the word, through outreach events as well as through talking to people, sharing delicious vegan food, making product requests at stores and restaurants, etc.
Compassion for Animals is a 501(c)(3) all-volunteer, non-profit charitable organization.
More to come...